“Learning without reflection is a waste. Reflection without learning is dangerous,” as quoted by Confucius, a Chinese philosopher. The reflection paper is one set example of this quote. The name of the paper signifies its objective. Through reflection essays, students have to put forward a mirror image of their perspective regarding a topic. Reflection is the most common paper that every student happens to writes once. It provides students the freedom to put forward their opinion. It is the blend of a student’s observation and perspective regarding the subject.
Reflective essay writing provides solid training to improve the critical thinking and analytical skills of students. In addition to that, it also helps in developing the ability to express an opinion on specific topics either assigned or chosen by the student.
So, if your professor asked you to write one, don’t pout. It is to encourage you to explore your ideas about a text, to express your opinion rather than summarize the views of others. This type of essay lets you acknowledge your thoughts that are shaped by your assumptions and preconceived ideas. In doing so, you can appreciate the opinions of others. Notice how their assumptions and preconceived notions may have shaped their thoughts, and perhaps recognize how your ideas support or oppose what you read.
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts for you to write a formal reflection essay:
- Reflection papers should have an academic tone yet be personal and subjective. Maintain your style while expressing your thoughts.
- Though reflection paper doesn’t have any specific format, you must follow the usual essay format of – introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Keep your statements in the essay clear and confident.
- Do add facts, even if it’s a reflection paper. It would make your content strong.
- Cite your sources.
- Select a common theme for your essay, don’t beat around the bush.
- Organize your thoughts before starting the paper, don’t make it a cluster of your thoughts.
- Through its reflection paper and its core objective is to know your opinion. However, it still is an academic paper, don’t overshare.
- Write what is required. Don’t stretch the paper.
If it’s still not clear, you can take help from the best assignment help in Auckland – Assignment Incubator. It will connect you with experts in the field that will aid you in organizing your thoughts in a more structured form. They will provide 24*7 support and will help you in making your paper more presentable. The content will be authentic, plagiarism-free, and state credible sources. You can check yourself through the free Turnitin report. Assignment Incubator is pretty economical and gives special offers as well. Check the website now.